Monday, February 2, 2009

New Toy

The good news is that I just got a new HP desktop computer with all the bells and whistles. My living room is a disaster of boxes, styrofoam, and twisty ties, but I finally got it all set up and most of the programs installed. I decided to bite the bullet and go with a desktop after probably 10 years of exclusive laptopping. I can't believe how affordable computers have gotten. I still remember my first Mac, I think it was before the first Powerbook, and it cost something like $2500 and was basically a fancy word processor.
I don't know too many people that have gone from Mac to PC, as it's usually the other way around. I was burnt too early on by Apple, and the scars go deep. I am not ready to go back. Besides, I am already in love with my HP. I wanted a desktop with a good graphics card to support some of the CADD I am learning and most of those programs run better on PCs. (Sorry Steve Jobs, your marketing has no effect on me.) I hope to be able to publish some drawings of the kitchen I am working on, once I get them drawn, of course. In the meantime, I will post some pictures, soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment