Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pin Cushion Time


Despite all of the media hype over Octo-mom, Fritz and I have decided to continue with our second IVF cycle. I have been taking Lupron shots and some Dexamethasone steroids for the last couple of weeks. They have made me, in a word, crazy. I have never had such a short temper in my life. I think I almost ripped one of my poor employee's heads off because the bit that holds the tape roll in the dispenser went missing. I have also flung poor Dino off of the bed in the middle of the night because he meows too loudly when I need to adjust my sleeping position. Well, to be honest, he's probably had that coming for some time now.
We are now on to the happy shots. I started the FSH shots 2 nights ago, which are supposed to start stimulating my ovaries to develop more eggs for retrieval. We visited my RE on Monday, who was optimistic about the 12 antrifollicles we have so far, which is 1 more than the last cycle. We are also taking a more aggressive approach in terms of the drugs this cycle than the last. Of course, I am also not going to be dealing with the kidney stones that I did earlier this year. Overall, I have a million reasons to be more optimistic this time around, but to be honest I am not. I think that the more I learn about this process, the more nervous it makes me and the more I just want to forget about it. Thank God that I have a husband that will push me right back into the deep end even if I am desperate to get out of the pool. Its baby or bust, so I'd better get with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment